All Supervisors, Line Managers and Business Owners who:
Manage or supervise staff or
Are responsible for implementing or ensuring adherence to all current legislation in the workplace
HR Department staff with advisory and oversight responsibilities
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
By ensuring that your company or business is compliant with current legislation
By maximising the benefits of the legislation
Labour issues will become a breeze to manage in the workplace
By ensuring consistent application of the law in the workplace
Staff will respect the fair and consistent application of HR principles
WHAT WILL BE COVERED
The LRA – interpreting the law and putting it into practice in the form of Disciplinary & Grievance Policies and Procedures
The Employment Equity Act – how does it affect me and what do I need to do
The Skills Development Act – can I claim money back and an introduction to learnerships
The Basic Conditions of Employment Act and Sectoral Determinations – which one applies to me and more related issues
Sharpen your skills and knowledge of internal auditing, internal control, internal auditing standards, internal auditing techniques, reporting, information technology auditing, audit relationships, risk-based auditing and control self-assessment. This short course is aimed at internal auditors, with or without formal qualifications or experience in auditing, who work in an internal audit environment.
This course focuses on recent and emerging developments in the digital media sector that have had a significant impact on the media industry in different parts of the world. We specifically explore the impact of the digital media channels on African media and explore the essential concepts in managing a multi-platform media firm, especially now that increasing numbers of Africans have increased and cheaper access to high speed bandwidth. Participants learn from the experiences of each other as they exchange view on what they do in their own media firms. Participants are also exposed to case studies of successful online and mobile strategies by newspapers and other media and we give the attendees tools to assess whether these could be adopted in the African context.
The course is primarily intended for editors and senior editorial staff responsible for developing and implementing new media strategies for their respective organisations. The course will also benefit production staff and journalists who increasingly have to think differently about the content they produce and the platforms for which they produce. Participants who are grappling with the questions of how new technologies will shape the future of the industry, but does not assume advanced technical knowledge will finds the course beneficial.
The course will provide participants with insights and practical skills to help them make direct interventions in their respective radio stations and television channels, and will cover the following key areas:
• Overview of the development of digital media
• Digital media business models
• Mobile media business models
• Case study and group work
• Big data: collecting, using and selling data
• Analytics and conversion analysis
• Journalism and social media
• Application and web development
• New trends in digital journalism
• Useful tools for digital journalism
• Cross-media content management
• Emerging trends in digital technologies
• Legal and ethical issues in the online environment
• New ideas group work
Participants who successfully complete a short assignment at the end of the course will be awarded an Essentials of Digital Media Management certificate from Rhodes University.
It is so important for us to share what we know with others. While we all have skills and knowledge in a certain area or subject, we don’t always how to transfer this to someone in a way where learning will take place. Training is a skill in itself, so through this course, you’ll become a recognised trainer in a fun and creative way while also learning the basics of skills development in South Africa.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Train the Trainer is aimed at individuals who are or will be involved in facilitating learning programmes. These individuals may include line managers, HR managers, supervisors, coaches and any practitioners involved in teaching, training, education and facilitation.
SECTION 1 – PLAN AND PREPARE FOR FACILITATION
• Introduction to skills development
• Analysing learner needs
• Learning styles, modes and multiple intelligences
• Planning your training
• Learning materials/audio-visual aids/prezi presentations
SECTION 2 – FACILITATE LEARNING
• Creative facilitation methods
• Skills of the trainer
• Attention grabbers
• Tips for the trainer
• Dealing effectively with learners
SECTION 3 – EVALUATE TRAINING
• Role-players involved in evaluation
• Evaluation at the end
• Reactionnaires and questionnaires
You will prepare and facilitate a session on the last day, which we will record and offer feedback. The remaining time will be spent on portfolio building.
Professional Administrators Conference South Africa
Now in its 14th year, PACSA 2016 comes to Cape Town! The powerful 2-day conference for secretaries and personal assistants is about overcoming obstacles, taking charge of your professional development and realising your true power as a hero and influencer in your field. We have an amazing programme and a dynamic line up of speakers ready to help you on your journey from good to GREAT! Speakers include Angelique du Toit, Deshun Deysel and more! Don’t miss the secretarial event of the year!
Your comprehensive programme includes:
Mountains and manicures: a lesson in endurance from Deshun Deysel – the first black woman to climb Everest
Realising that you have the power to be a leader and influencer
Understanding how your perceptions – and those of others – have an impact on your communication with your colleagues
Gaining practical, easy to implement tips for continuously conquering your admin mountain
You Win or Lose by the way that you Choose – so choose wisely!
Understanding why wellness at work is so important to your productivity and happiness
Anticipating your managers’ needs by applying the boss mind-set to projects and tasks
Reaching the summit: practical goal setting techniques to help you achieve your objectives
Discovering the secret to an immaculate and highly professional workplace image
Organisations are increasingly structuring and managing their operations, apart from only projects, on Project Management principles. The success of adopting a project approach to all work aspects, and acquiring and mastering Project Management skills, is so much more important in today’s professional environment. The Introduction to Project Management online course is offered over a period of six weeks (with an anticipated four hours per week) and approximately six hours on assignments.
The course is offered online over a period of 6 weeks from date of registration. It is anticipated that an average of 4 hours will be spent per week and approximately 6 hours on the assignment resulting in a total of 5 CPD credits.
Academy Training Group supports the principles of democracy which grant everybody the right to a better education.
Our objective is to provide practical training and knowledge for a professional level of competency.
The director of studies at Academy Training Group is Retha Vermaak (Bsc.Hhk Ed) who has extensive experience in the training field.
The training provided by ATG contains a combination of tutorship provided by a qualified tutor and individual work by the trainee in his/her own time.
As the main method of learning is directly on the computer, the tutors’ role is generally to provide the necessary assistance and support by answering questions, monitoring the trainees’ performance, and introducing new concepts and information as necessary.
Business today depends on several aspects of information technology. It’s almost impossible to get ahead without computer skills. If you have a wide range of these skills you’ll be highly employable, in a multitude of positions, in any business.
Modules and Unit Standard numbers
US 9357- Keyboard Skills
• Develop keyboard techniques to key in alpha and numeric text, symbols and special characters.
• Identify and remedy technique errors
• Apply keyboard techniques and ergonomic practices to avoid overuse injuries
• Produce sentences and paragraph containing alpha and numeric text, symbols and special characters
US 117867 – Managing files in a graphical user interface
• Identify the different storage devices on a computer
• Explain the concepts of files on a computer in a GUI environment
• Locate files in a GUI environment
• Work with computer files in a GUI environment
• Protect computer files in a GUI environment
US 116938- Create and edit documents in Word
• Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of word processing
• Create, open and save documents
• Produce a document from given text
• Format a document
• Edit a document
• Check spelling and grammar in a document
• Adjust the display characteristics
US 116937- Create and edit spreadsheets
• Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of spreadsheets
• Create, open and save spreadsheets
• Produce a spreadsheet from given specifications
• Edit a spreadsheet
• Format a spreadsheet
• Check spelling in a spreadsheet
• Print a spreadsheet using features specific to spreadsheets
US 116931- Use a web browser to search the internet
• Understand the concepts and terms of the Internet
• Explain legal and ethical issues in relation to Internet use
• Use a GUI-based browser to display a given web page
• Adjust settings to customize the view and preferences of the browser application
• Navigate on the Internet
• Use a search engine to locate given information specifications
• Obtain information from a website
US 116945- Use electronic mail to send and receive messages
• Understand the concepts and terms of electronic messaging
• Create and send an email message
• Receive and respond to emails
• Work with multiple email message
• Adjust settings to customize the view and preferences of the email application